Chamber Foundation Seeks Director
The Foundation of the Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce has begun the search for its newest Director. A full job description may be found below. To apply, please visit our Indeed job posting or submit your cover letter and resume:
Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce
160 W. 6th St., Suite 103
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
Director of the Foundation of the Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce
Job Overview: The Director is the Chief Executive and Administrative Officer of the Foundation of the Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce (the “Foundation”). The Director is responsible to the President of the Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce and the Foundation Board of Directors for a full range of activities that support the Foundation’s mission including coordination of the program of work; organization, structure and procedure, income and expenditures, hiring, training and leadership of staff, interpretation and implementation of Board policy, long-range planning, and such other duties as may be determined by the Board. Since its founding in 1992, the Foundation of the Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce has developed programs that focus on workplace wellness, leadership and skills development, and career exploration. The Foundation functions as a subsidiary of the Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce and is intimately tied to the priorities of the Chamber and its members while remaining focused on programming that inspires the workforce and strengthens the bridge between business, industry, and education.
- Manage, coordinate, and report progress and outcomes to the Board of Directors for all adult education and development programs of the Foundation. The current list of programs (which may be adjusted in the future) is listed in the appendix.
- Manage, coordinate, and report progress and outcomes to the Board of Directors for all youth education and development programs of the Foundation. The current list of programs (which may be adjusted in the future) is listed in the appendix.
- Consistent with the funding available through 2024 (future TBD), manage the Foundation’s Talent Pipeline Management efforts in implementing employer-driven career pathways and set strategy in consultation with the workforce and education systems in Columbia County.
- Develop constructive relationships with key stakeholders of the Foundation’s mission including school districts, university, and other learning organization leadership personnel, business leaders, and philanthropic organization leaders.
- Schedule and facilitate monthly Board of Director meetings.
- Hold a strategic planning meeting with the Board of Directors at least once per year.
- Manage EITC funding priorities to ensure timely and appropriate distribution of funds. The Foundation is an Education Improvement Organization (EIO) of the PA Dept. of Community & Economic Development (DCED) with the ability to submit programs under the EITC program for approval. Once approved, the Director will solicit tax credit funds from local businesses.
- Prepare grant proposals on behalf of the Foundation or clients of the Foundation.
- Manage the budget, income, expenses, and assets and maintain the overall positive financial health of the Foundation.
- Serve on appropriate committees and other boards as deemed appropriate to fulfill the Foundation’s mission.
- With the assistance of the staff of the Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce, manage the administrative needs of the Foundation. This includes coordinating and deploying all formal communications from the Chamber, website updates, and other marketing materials.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Foundation Board of Directors or the Chamber President.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 -5 years work experience. A longer period of commensurate work experience is required in the absence of a bachelor’s degree.
- Previous project management experience or demonstrated potential to manage and lead complex projects
- Experience communicating (both written and orally) with diverse stakeholders
- Commitment to data-driven decision-making and continuous improvement
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have a valid PA Driver’s License and vehicle for work travel (mileage will be reimbursed)
- Must have current PA Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse History Clearance completed (both free)
- Experience persuading diverse stakeholders to take joint action
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience using collaboration tools
Education and/or Experience
Should possess a Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university in human resources, communications, business, marketing, or related field; at least three to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Employees must have a valid driver's license.
Other Skills and Abilities
Individuals must have excellent written and verbal communication skills plus a demonstrated ability to distill large amounts of information and research into relevant content for the TPM audience. Individual must be a self-starter and able to work efficiently with little supervision, i.e. take initiative/ownership of projects
This position requires travel locally and regionally with an occasional trip outside the state (i.e. to Washington D.C.) as necessary.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Conform to all office policies.
Full-time, salaried position (~40 hours per week)
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Company provided IRA
- (Healthcare Reimbursement Account (HRA) Stipend
- Mileage Reimbursement for work-related travel