Member News – September 19, 2018
- Knoebels Amusement Resort, which is no stranger to industry awards, is once again the recipient of several Amusement Today’s Golden Ticket Awards, which annually recognize the “best of the best” in the amusement industry and are calculated from an international poll (See the complete rankings for all categories). The results come from a survey that is sent to a database of experienced and well-traveled amusement park fans around the world asking the to rate the “bests” in 25 categories. This year, for the first time, it received the Golden Ticket for best wooden roller coaster for the Phoenix, while the Grand Carousel again received the Golden Ticket for best carousel, a distinction it has received every year the award has been presented, and Knoebels also placed first for best food. In addition to its trio of first place awards, it also ranked third for best overall park, third for best dark ride for the Haunted Mansion, third for best Halloween event for the popular Hallo-Fun Weekends in October, fourth for friendliest park and fifth for indoor coaster for the Black Diamond ride.
- The Borough of Danville’s Flood Resiliency Task Force will host a flood insurance policy seminar at the Danville Borough building, 463 Mill St., Danville, tomorrow, Sept. 20, at 6 p.m. Stetler Insurance Associates will present information regarding what should be included on the flood insurance policy declaration page, review common mistakes seen on flood insurance policies, and answer questions. The Flood Resiliency Task Force is made up of representatives from real estate, banking and insurance industries, as well as local residents and Borough staff. See the flyer for additional information, or contact Jamie Shrawder at 570-275-3091 ext. 3 or email.
- The Penn State World Campus will hold an online MBA sample class in which interested individuals can discover what it’s like to be a student in the Penn State Online MBA program on Thursday, Sept. 27 from 7-8 p.m. For a complete listing of upcoming PSU World Campus information events and news, check out its Sept. newsletter for alliance partners, through which all employees of Columbia Montour Chamber members, their spouses and dependents are eligible for a 5% discount on tuition through the Penn State World Campus.
- The Central Susquehanna Community Foundation‘s Women’s Giving Circle will hold its annual celebration on Thursday, Oct. 4 at the Pine Barn Inn from 6:30-8:30 p.m. This event, sponsored by First Keystone Community Bank, will celebrate another successful year for the Women’s Giving Circle, which was established to empower, connect and inspire women and girls by supporting initiatives and resources that better their lives. This event is open to the public and those individuals that may be interested in joining the Women’s Giving Circle. For more information, see the flyer, and RSVP by emailing or calling Karri Harter at 570-752-3930 ext. 6.
- The Central Susquehanna Community Foundation will hold a luncheon on Friday, Oct. 5, from 12-1:30 p.m. at the Iron Fork’s banquet room to celebrate the grants made to community organizations through the Danville Area Community Foundation. Local nonprofit organizations will be presented with the 2018 grant awards. There is no cost to attend, but an RSVP is requested. RSVP online or by emailing or calling Karri Harter at 570-752-3930 ext. 6.
- NEPIRC, DRIVE and SEDA-COG will team up to host a Lunch and Learn titled “Cybersecurity Trends & Safeguards for Manufacturers on Tuesday, Oct. 23, from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Monty’s on the Bloomsburg University campus. This free seminar is specifically intended for manufacturers and helping them respond to current threats and trends in the cybersecurity world. Topics covered will include ransomware, hacking, breaches and disasters, and safeguards will also be presented including best practices for prevention, mitigation and incident response. See the flyer for more information, and register online, by email, or call 570-704-0018.
- MePush will be hosting a series of study sessions throughout the fall at its conference room at 130 Buffalo Rd., Lewisburg, for information technology professionals that are taking and interested in getting together to study for the Cisco CCNA exam. This major certification in the IT industry is a big undertaking for some, so MePush would like to offer a forum to help other IT pros in the area improve their skills and certifications. If interested, please email Art so MePush can have a headcount.