Member News – April 19, 2023
Airiam offers Guidance on Data Back-up
Should I back up my Data? If, so what should I be backing up? Watch a video on "The Importance of Backups for Your Business" here.
Community Giving Foundation Nonprofit Leadership Series
The Nonprofit Leadership Series provides free professional development opportunities to area nonprofit leaders. The session will be offered on Wednesday, April 26th at the Montour County Admin Center in Danville. The deadline to register for the workshop is April 19th. Learn more at csgiving.org/nonprofit-leadership-series.
LPN Open House April 20
Join the CSIU at the 2023 Central Susquehanna LPN Career Center (CSLPNCC) Open House. Tour the new, state-of-the-art facility, meet the faculty, and see why the CSLPNCC is the premier school in the region for licensed practical nursing education. Staff will be available to answer questions about financial aid and walk you through the application process. See the flyer.
Bloomsburg YMCA & Children's Museum Partner on Event
On April 22, join the Bloomsburg YMCA and the Bloomsburg Children's Museum Mini Maker Faire for the annual Healthy Kids Day. Check out the flyer.
Community Health Needs Assessment
To gain a better understanding of health needs across the region, Geisinger, Allied Services, and Evangelical Community Hospital are again collaborating to conduct a Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) of northeastern and central PA counties. Complete the survey by April 24th, here.
T-Ross Brothers Construction name to top Organizations for 2023
For the second year in a row, T-Ross Brothers Construction has been named one of Pennsylvania Business Central’s Top 100 Organizations for 2023! It is a great honor to be receiving this award. We are blessed to have an amazing team and support throughout Central PA. This year’s honorees were chosen from the many nominations sent in by business and community leaders.
COMMONWEALTH UNIVERSITY - BLOOMSBURG FACULTY SELECTED AS TEACHER OF THE YEAR
Commonwealth University-Bloomsburg faculty member Christina Force has been selected as the 2023 Teacher of the Year Award for Senior College/University Business Teachers by the National Business Education Association (NBEA). She received her award at the 2023 NBEA Annual Convention in Kansas City, Mo., on Thursday, April 6, 2023. Read more about Dr. Force.
THE EXCHANGE IS "GOING GREEN"
Now through May 5th, The Exchange will be featuring artwork featuring the color and/or the concept of “green”. All artists of all ages and levels of experience were encouraged to submit work, and all media accepted, 2D and 3D, with only one rule: The art must fit through the front door. More details are here.
Hand in Hand - I AM Safe meetings
I AM Safe! provides support and encouragement for individuals looking to live their best life, promoting self-advocacy and safety. Safety in the home and the community, digital citizenship, and safety within ourselves. Learn more about I AM Safe at handinhandpa.org/programs/i-am-safe
Bloomsburg Library's Lego Night Returns!
First Tuesday of the month; 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm, free and open to ALL ages. bloomsburgpl.org/events-calendar/
Zartman Construction Celebrating 50 Years of Construction Excellence
Zartman Construction invites you to join in celebrating their 50-year milestone with an Open House on May 3rd from 4:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Please tour our facility and meet with our staff while enjoying hors d’oeuvres and refreshments. Learn more about the history of Zartman Construction here.
STEINBACHER, GOODALL & YURCHAK PRESENTS AWARD
The 10th annual Dr. Alexander Nesbitt Commitment to Caring Award was presented to Fran Decker, a social worker and community volunteer. The presentation was made before Steinbacher, Goodall & Yurchak’s annual educational seminar held in conjunction with National Healthcare Decisions Day on hospice and end-of-life care, on Tuesday, April 11.
The Dr. Alexander Nesbitt Commitment to Caring Award was developed in 2014 and the award, inspired by Dr. Nesbitt, recognizes an individual(s) or nonprofit in the community who shows an extraordinary commitment to caring that improves the lives of others.
SEDA - Council of Governments welcomes new staffer
Michael Burger joins SEDA - Council of Governments as a Project Coordinator in the Community Development Program.
EITC- Free Seminar
Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program Thursday, April 27, 9:00 - 10:00 am. Join Zoom Meeting https://lnkd.in/ef4VribM Meeting ID: 890 6545 7004 Passcode: 806240
McKonly & Asbury Webinar and Seminar:
- SOC versus SOX
- Join Elaine Nissley and Lynnanne Bocchio to better understand the differences between Service Organization Controls Reports (SOC) and Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 SEC requirements. The webinar is on April 27th at 2:00 pm. Register to attend.
- Business Transition Planning - What is Your Plan?
- Join McKonly & Asbury for this free seminar at Bloomsburg University's Monty's Hall, 400 East Second Street, Bloomsburg. Time: 8:00 AM to 9:30 AM, May 2, 2023. The presentation will discuss the impacts of transitioning a business. Register to attend.
2023 Covered Bridge Photo Contest Returns! - Experience Columbia -Montour Counties
Each year, the Visitors Bureau holds a photo contest to produce a 550-piece puzzle featuring one of the area-covered bridges. The 2023 Covered Bridge Photo Contest runs from Saturday, April 1st through Wednesday, May 31st at midnight EST. We’re excited to see another fantastic set of entries from everyone! Click HERE to learn how to enter!
PATHS Training May Webinars
The Bureau of Workers' Compensation, Health & Safety, will be offering numerous FREE safety webinars in May 2023. To access the PATHS Training Calendar visit www.dli.pa.gov/paths
Town of Bloomsburg:
- Seeks Artists for Town Hall Murals
- The Town of Bloomsburg seeks artists interested in submitting sketches for potential murals on the low walls outside Town Hall facing East 2nd Street/College Hill. The Town does not at this time have any funds identified to pay the artist(s); however, they are open to seeking grant funds and/or covering the cost of the paint/materials. Once the sketches come in, the Planning Commission will forward their recommendations to Town Council to discuss the details of completing the project. The Planning Commission will meet on April 20th to discuss the submitted sketches. You may submit your ideas to Lisa Dooley, Town Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org and to Kyle Bauman, Code Enforcement Officer, at email@example.com.
- An Independence Day Celebration has been announced for July 4th at Town Park. For more information visit bloomsburgpa.org.
First Commonwealth Bank Offering Virtual Seminar
Do you have customers that have questions about Buying a New Home? First Commonwealth Bank is offering a virtual seminar Thursday, May 18, 2023, 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Hosted by Jeff Woodward, FCB Senior Mortgage Loan Originator Feel free to join or alert your clients. To RSVP, please visit here: Home Buyer Seminars | First Commonwealth Bank (fcbanking.com)