Member News – December 7, 2022
Columbia County Historical & Genealogical Society Receives $650,000.00 State Grant
Congrats to the CCHGS, who with these funds will purchase the former PNC Bank building on the corner of Main and Market Streets in Bloomsburg. This is a strategic location choice for the Historical Society, being right next door to the Bloomsburg Public Library and right across from the Columbia County Courthouse. A location right across from the Courthouse allows easy access for those needing access to historic files and records kept by the Historical Society. The new location will also allow much more room to display many items currently kept in storage, as well as avail free parking to Society visitors.
Bloomsburg Children's Museum Receives $250,000.00 State Grant
The Bloomsburg Children’s Museum applied for grant funding for the purpose of expanding current services and offering new programming. This popular attraction has simply outgrown its current footprint so this grant will be of significant help in helping it to expand and better serve the high number of visitors.
Guest Blog Post: State Farm Announces Reduction in Animal Collisions in 2022
Check out this post and the newest auto claims data, which shows a 5.5% reduction in collisions.
Jack Frost Nipping at Your Nose...
Here's a list of upcoming events in our communities to continue celebrating the holiday season!
- Join N4Cs for Brunch with Santa is THIS Saturday! Join from 10:00-12:00 for some fun Christmas activities, and a visit with Santa! This event is FREE and open to anyone. If you have any questions or concerns, please call the front desk 570-925-0163 or email Danielle at email@example.com
- 12/10 - 5:00pm - Winterfest in downtown Berwick
- 12/30 - Blood Drive at Glen Brook Health & Rehabilitation Center
- 12/7 - Holiday Open House at Brookdale Bloomsburg.
- 12/9, and 12/10 - Santa visits Renco Ace Hardware! Photos are free, but Renco is requesting consideration - that customers bring a nonperishable food item or monetary gift for AGAPE's Food Bank.
- 12/10 - Holiday Community Open House at Lions Gate.
- 12/11 - 13th Annual Community Free Christmas Dinner at the Caldwell Consistory.
- Since it rained during the Hometown Holiday Market event, Danville invites you to Late Shopper’s Night on Friday, December 9 from 6-8pm. Festivities include coffee & hot cocoa from Bason's Coffee Roasting in Canal Park or inside their store. Follow the Facebook event for more information.
Joy Through the Grove
- 11/25 - 12/31 - (Except for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day) 5:30pm - 9:00pm. Learn more.
A comprehensive list of holiday events is also available on the Columbia-Montour Visitors Bureau's website.
Service 1st Retirement & Investment Center to Offer Free "Road to Retirement" Webinar
MCKONLY & ASBURY HOSTING WEBINAR ON ETHICAL SKILLS FOR ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERS
This free webinar on December 15th will discuss the unexpected benefits of an ethical work environment. Presenters will focus on ethical behaviors that set the “Tone at the Top” as well as employee’s personal benefits of peace of mind, trust, and good reputation. The webinar will also address the numerous employer benefits including improved employee morale, enhanced employee retention, increased employee productivity, and a greater focus on transparency throughout the organization. Click here to register.
Benton Area, Columbia County - Floodplain Survey Due December 30, 2022
In October 2022, Columbia County released a two-page hard copy floodplain survey to the Benton Area titled, “Moving Towards Resiliency and Mitigation.” The mailing also included a Survey Monkey link to complete online. All hardcopy and online survey submissions are due to be submitted by December 30, 2022. Additional information will be provided, when available, at SEDA-COG and Columbia County Resiliency websites - https://seda-cog.org/departments/flood-resiliency/columbia-county-flood-mitigation-studies/ and http://columbiapa.org/resiliency/index.php.
IMC Announces January Webinars
IMC has announced two (free) upcoming webinars, called "Training Within Industry - Foundations of Job Instruction" (January 10) and "Building an Innovative Enterprise - An Introduction to Design Thinking" (January 17)