Member News – November 23, 2022
It's the Holiday Season, with Area Events Starting This Weekend
- 11/24 -10:00am - Run for the Diamonds
- 11/25 - 10:30am - Santa Parade
- 11/26 - Speedo Run For the Cause
- 12/3 - Christmas Boulevard opens daily through December, 6pm - 10pm
- 12/10 - 5:00pm - Winterfest in downtown Berwick
- 11/25 - 4:00pm - TreeFest begins at the Caldwell Consistory
- 11/25 - 4:30pm - Parade of Lights - forms in Geisinger Bloomsburg Lot, moves at 6pm; Lighstreet Rd to Main St., Market to 5th, 5th to Fairgrounds. Register here.
- 11/25 & 11/26 - 10:00am - 8:00pm - Winterfest at the Fairgrounds - (Free) - Shop over 150 craft vendors inside the fair buildings including local wineries and breweries.
- 11/26 - Santa begins hours at Exclusively You on the square. Schedule here.
- 11/26 & 11/27 - North Pole Express Train Rides - Rides are approximately 1 hour and travel from Bloomsburg at Autoneum to Catawissa. Ticket availability here. Tickets for 10am Saturday ride are sold out. Tickets can also be purchased at Exclusively You, The Exchange, and Town Camera.
- 12/2 - Coming Home for Christmas/Tree Lighting - Tree lighting at 5:30pm in front of the Bloom Diner. Coming Home for Christmas to be held outside the Caldwell Consistory.
- 12/2, 12/3, 12/9, and 12/10 - Santa visits Renco Ace Hardware! Photos are free, but Renco is requesting consideration - that customers bring a nonperishable food item or monetary gift for AGAPE's Food Bank.
- 12/3 - Hometown Holiday Market - 11am - 4pm - Festive street fair featuring holiday shopping, entertainment, and activities on Mill Street.
- Wagon Rides are sold out for 12/3, 12/10, and 12/11.
- The Borough of Riverside will host its 2nd Annual Parade of Lights on 12/3. Parade forms at 4pm at former Riverside Elementary School. $50 prizes will be awarded in four categories - walkers/marching, vehicles without floats, large floats (over 20 feet), and small floats (under 20 feet). Santa in the Park will be located under the park pavilion. Registration due by November 30 to the Borough.
Joy Through the Grove
- 11/25 - 12/31 - (Except for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day) 5:30pm - 9:00pm. Learn more.
A comprehensive list of holiday events is also available on the Columbia-Montour Visitors Bureau's website.
UGI Encourages Safe Energy Practices During the Holiday Season
Utility provides tips when cooking and decorating.
Traveling for the Holidays? 'Waterproof' Your Home Before You Leave
For many, the holiday season includes travel, whether it is to join a family gathering or enjoy a holiday vacation. These traditional holiday trips stand to amplify an already growing travel demand. The U.S. Bureau of Transportation Statistics* reports that for July 2022, the number of people boarding a U.S. airline plane for domestic or international travel grew to 69.9 million, up 8.6 percent from July 2021 numbers. As the holiday travel season approaches, the water and fire remediation specialists at SERVPRO® of Columbia, Montour & Sullivan Counties caution homeowners that they need to go beyond buying tickets and packing a suitcase before they leave on a trip. Homeowners need to "waterproof" their homes with this six-step plan.
North Shore Railroad Hosts Toys for Tots Drive
On Saturday, November 19th, North Shore Railroad hosted NARCOA Speeders for the 19th Annual Toys for Tots drive.
These little rail cars traveled from Northumberland, through Danville and Bloomsburg, to Berwick, and back. The public was welcomed to come alongside the railroad tracks to meet the speeder drivers and hand them a new, unwrapped toy for the drive.
Women's Center Holding Holiday Meal and Gift Pickup
Pre-registration is required by November 28 by calling 570-784-6631.
Click here for details.
Susquehanna Valley United Way Sponsoring Be Kind. Poster Contest
The goal of this contest is to increase youth community involvement while supporting the mission of Be Kind. campaign to spread kindness throughout the region and encourage each of us to give back to our community.
School-aged children across Columbia, Montour, Northumberland, Snyder, and Union counties are eligible to enter. The competition will be featured on social media and 3 Grand Prize winners will receive a $100 cash prize!
Click here for more information.
McKonly & Asbury Hosting Webinar on Ethical Skills for Organizational Leaders
This free webinar on December 15th will discuss the unexpected benefits of an ethical work environment. Presenters will focus on ethical behaviors that set the “Tone at the Top” as well as employee’s personal benefits of peace of mind, trust, and good reputation. The webinar will also address the numerous employer benefits including improved employee morale, enhanced employee retention, increased employee productivity, and a greater focus on transparency throughout the organization.
Click here to register.