Community Giving Foundation is administering the Private Innovation Grant in partnership with the Columbia County Commissioners. This grantround is designed to provide funding to a private business or entrepreneur with a home address in Columbia County. The Columbia County Commissioners may choose to provide funding to multiple grantees in amounts determined by the Commissioners up to a total of $100,000.
Interested applicants can review the guidelines and submit a Letter of Interest (LOI) online until March 31, 2022, by 11:45pm. The LOI is limited to a two-page document introducing your business, project/product description, service area, and requested budget summary. If the LOI is approved, an application will be made available. Those invited to submit a full application will be notified on April 12, 2022. Completed applications with supporting documents will be due by May 10, 2022, at 11:45pm. Full application submissions will also require an in-person presentation with the grant committee on May 25 or 26, 2022. Final grant decisions will be announced in June 2022.
Online applications opens on March 1st. Click here to view more
Application Guidelines and Criteria
The Columbia County Commissioners will use the following criteria to identify a proposal that best fits the following strategy:
- The proposal serves as a breakthrough in addressing a community or workforce need
- Is a new and innovative project or product
- Contains a sustainability plan beyond ARP funding
- Contains a plan to show tangible or quantifiable results
- Services take place in or product produced in Columbia County. The more segments of the Columbia County population that benefit or utilize the project services, the better.
Ineligible Requests for Funding
- Retroactive funding for projects that have been complete or will be complete prior to the grant decision date
- March 1 – Letters of interest process opens
- March 31 – Deadline to submit letters of interest online by 11:45 pm
- April 12 – Applicants notified of letters of interest decisions and invitation to submit full application
- May 10 – Deadline to submit full application online by 11:45 pm
- May 25 & 26 – Applicant presentations (time TBD)
- June – Grant decision announced
Contact Christine Orlando, senior program officer, at email@example.com or Karri Harter, programs associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-752-3930.