- Bloomsburg University Athletics recently announced “National Girls & Women in Sports Day,” which will take place on Saturday, January 25, beginning at 10 a.m. at Nelson Field House. The free event is open to all girls and boys K-8. The day begins with a basketball clinic at 10 a.m. followed by a speed and agilities clinic at 10:30 a.m. Then, an activities fair will take place at 11:15 a.m. with a pizza lunch to follow at 12 noon. Students will then attend the Women’s Basketball game vs. West Chester University beginning at 1 p.m. with an optional post-game autograph session. Learn more here. Register by calling 570-389-3907 or email email@example.com.
- Shared Ride Offers Transportation Option for Seniors
Looking for support with an aging parent? rabbittransit can help!
rabbittransit offers seniors aged 65 and older safe, reliable transportation known as “shared ride” or paratransit. Shared ride is door-to-door bus service that groups together trips between multiple customers. Shared ride can be used for all kinds of trips, such as medical appointments, grocery shopping, hair appointments, banking, recreation, physical therapy, visits, adult day care and more! There may be a co-pay for each ride. The cost depends on many different factors. There is a mandatory application and reservation process to ride.
Avoid the phone and schedule trips using our online tool at FindMyRidePA.com; there you can also edit or cancel planned trips. The new ticketless fare system makes it simple to just board and go. Pre-pay for trips online at rabbittransit.org or by calling customer service. You may pay toward your own account or on behalf of someone else.
For more information on our shared ride service, visit rabbittransit.org today or call 1-800-632-9063.
- The Montour Area Recreation Commission (MARC) is seeking input from the public in developing a five-year strategic plan. The first draft of the plan is available at https://montourrec.com/strategic-plan. Comments should be submitted by Friday, January 17th.
- Penn State World Campus is hosting an MBA Informational Webinar. The webinar on Tuesday, January 28th at noon is intended for people interested in learning more about the Penn State Online Master of Business Administration program, led by Smeal College of Business faculty.
Program staff and faculty will explain how completion of this MBA can offer valuable career benefits. This webinar can also help people decide if this program might be a good fit. Staff members will answer questions about curriculum, program concentrations, residency requirements, and the application process, including important application deadlines. Click here to register.
Employees of all Chamber members, their spouses and dependents a 5% discount off tuition through the Penn State World Campus.
- Providence Engineering Corp. Announces Promotions
Barry Foreman steps into his new role of Executive Vice President of Providence Engineering after serving as Vice President of Engineering for 4 years. With a career spanning more than 4 decades, Barry has led the growth of Providence’s Warehouse & Distribution market, as well as the expansion of our design services across the United States. Barry’s depth of experience, engineering expertise and professional leadership are invaluable assets that will continue to benefit our firm and all the clients that we serve.
Carol-Ann Denning has been promoted to Vice President of Engineering after serving as the Director of Engineering for 2 years. During this time, Carol-Ann led Providence’s team of 50 engineers as they provided design services across all markets. In addition, Carol-Ann strategically improved Providence Engineering’s technical deliverables and quality control processes. In her new role as Vice President of Engineering, Carol-Ann will continue to focus on Providence’s design deliverables to ensure that quality, timely and affordable solutions remain the hallmark of our firm.