Member News – December 11, 2019
- The Bloomsburg Children’s Museum was recently awarded an $80,500 grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR). The successful application was written by Children’s Museum director Dr. Ginny Weibel in collaboration with the Columbia County Commissioners. The grant will provide funding for a renovation of the lobby of the Children’s Museum, adding a wheelchair ramp to replace the current lift, and refurbish the popular Greenway exhibit. The renovated Greenway will provide additional hands-on and interactive exhibits on topics such as local outdoor recreation, camping, geo-catching, native and invasive turtle and plant species, waste recycling and water conservation and protection, to name a few.
- The Northeastern Pennsylvania Industrial Resource Center (NEPIRC) will hold a free four-hour seminar on leadership development tomorrow, Thursday, Dec. 12, from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. at the Central Susquehanna Community Foundation, 725 Front St., Berwick. This program helps individuals become stronger, more impactful leaders. While joining other managers and supervisors to discuss workplace challenges, attendees will explore topics that include Self-Awareness, Power & Authority, Risk & Failure, and Leadership Style. Using self-assessment tools and experiential learning, attendees will examine their strengths and weaknesses while exploring best practices of exceptional leaders. To register, and for a list of other locations of similar seminars, visit NEPIRC’s registration page.
- The office of Congressman Dan Meuser will hold its first annual Holiday Open House this Friday, Dec. 13, from 2-5 p.m. at the Congressman’s Pottsville district office, located at 121 Progress Ave., Losch Plaza Lobby, Pottsville. Food, drink and holiday spirit will be provided, and attendees are asked to bring a toy for the Toys for Tots drive. RSVP by email or call 570-871-6370.
- Bloomsburg University’s fall graduate commencement is scheduled for this Friday, Dec. 13, and undergraduate fall commencement is on Saturday, Dec. 14. To help provide a safer environment for students, family members and guests and to expedite entry into facilities during large events, BU will be implementing guidelines that limit the size and type of bag that may be brought into its facilities. Please see the entire document that outlines the guidelines for its clear bag policy.
- Wild For Salmon will host a holiday tasting this Saturday, Dec. 14, from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at its retail store located at 521 Montour Blvd. (Rt. 11), Bloomsburg. There will be samples of various holiday-inspired dishes and other festive samples available, as well as a couple of other vendors there as well. Visit the Facebook event for more information.
- The dealerships that make up the Ken Pollock Auto Group, including Ken Pollock Ford Lincoln in Berwick, are holding their annual coat drive through Dec. 17. They will be collecting gently used and new coats in all dizes at their dealerships and tire and auto center to help families in the local communities. All donations collected at Ken Pollock Ford Lincoln will go to Columbia County Head Start.