Member News – November 27, 2019
- Recently, the Danville Primary School in the Danville Area School District joined the Johns Hopkins University’s National Network of Partnership Schools, a nationwide program that helps create excellent schools where families, teachers, staff and community members work together to create successful students. This new designation encompasses many things, one of which is creating home learning areas for children. As part of this initiative, the Primary School is looking to purchase children’s desks for children in the school that may need assistance. If you or your organization is interested in assisting with this goal, please see the flyer, and for additional information or questions, contact June Heeter by email or at 570-394-8413.
- The Danville Area Community Foundation, an affiliate of the Central Susquehanna Community Foundation, recently announced the creation of the Knouse Family Fund,
a donor-advised fund established by Richard and Jean Knouse in honor of their 50th wedding anniversary that will provide grants for charitable purposes in the Danville area and surrounding communities. Read more about Richard and Jean Knouse and this new fund in the full story.
- BNI Central Pennsylvania, the Chamber’s newest member, will host an informational interest meeting for those interested in possibly becoming a part of a new chapter in Bloomsburg. The meeting will take place on Wednesday, Dec. 4, from 7-9 a.m., at the Hampton Inn Bloomsburg. See the Facebook event page for additional information and registration.
- The Northeastern Pennsylvania Industrial Resource Center (NEPIRC) will hold a free four-hour seminar on leadership development on Thursday, Dec. 12, from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. at the Central Susquehanna Community Foundation, 725 Front St., Berwick. This program helps individuals become stronger, more impactful leaders. While joining other managers and supervisors to discuss workplace challenges, attendees will explore topics that include Self-Awareness, Power & Authority, Risk & Failure, and Leadership Style. Using self-assessment tools and experiential learning, attendees will examine their strengths and weaknesses while exploring best practices of exceptional leaders. To register, and for a list of other locations of similar seminars, visit NEPIRC’s registration page.
- Wild For Salmon will host a holiday tasting on Saturday, Dec. 14, from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at its retail store located at 521 Montour Blvd. (Rt. 11), Bloomsburg. There will be samples of various holiday-inspired dishes and other festive samples available, as well as a couple of other vendors there as well. Visit the Facebook event for more information.
- The dealerships that make up the Ken Pollock Auto Group, including Ken Pollock Ford Lincoln in Berwick, will be holding their annual coat drive through Dec. 17. They will be collecting gently used and new coats in all dizes at their dealerships and tire and auto center to help families in the local communities. All donations collected at Ken Pollock Ford Lincoln will go to Columbia County Head Start.