- Following a weekend of Homecoming activities, Bloomsburg University will be welcoming parents and family members of BU students this weekend for Parents and Family Weekend. Activities begin on Friday and continue through the weekend, including a football game against East Stroudsburg beginning at 2 p.m. A full schedule of events is available online.
- The Bloomsburg Area YMCA will host a pair of free upcoming events for the community. Next Wednesday, Oct. 17, from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. will be its Fall Fest, which will feature a potluck-style meal along with Wii bowling. Then, on Friday, Oct. 26 is its annual Trunk or Treat from 5:30-8 p.m. Join the Y and other local organizations for a night of spooky family fun featuring fun activities, a haunted walk-through and plenty of Halloween candy. If your organization would like to take part in this event, call 570-784-0188 or email by Oct. 15 to reserve your spot.
- NEPIRC, DRIVE and SEDA-COG will team up to host a Lunch and Learn titled “Cybersecurity Trends & Safeguards for Manufacturers on Tuesday, Oct. 23, from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Monty’s on the Bloomsburg University campus. This free seminar is specifically intended for manufacturers and helping them respond to current threats and trends in the cybersecurity world. Topics covered will include ransomware, hacking, breaches and disasters, and safeguards will also be presented including best practices for prevention, mitigation and incident response. See the flyer for more information, and register online, by email, or call 570-704-0018.
- The Press Enterprise will host a Career Expo on Wednesday, Oct. 24, from 2-6 p.m. at Berwick Golf Club. There is no cost to attend, and PA CareerLink Columbia/Montour Counties will also be on hand for some free job search workshops. There will also be door prizes every hour. Businesses interested in being a vendor are asked to register by Oct. 11. For more information or to register, call 570-387-1234 or visit the Facebook event page.
- MePush will be hosting a series of study sessions throughout the fall at its conference room at 130 Buffalo Rd., Lewisburg, for information technology professionals that are taking and interested in getting together to study for the Cisco CCNA exam. This major certification in the IT industry is a big undertaking for some, so MePush would like to offer a forum to help other IT pros in the area improve their skills and certifications. If interested, please email Art so MePush can have a headcount.