Skip to content

Flood Recovery Information

Updated 10:00 a.m. 8/17/18

As flood waters are receding and cleanup and repair efforts are underway across the area, local officials are assessing the scope of damage in applying for federal disaster declarations. With such a declaration, federal assistance programs would become available for businesses and homeowners. Columbia County officials anticipate that the scope of damage to local infrastructure will be sufficient to receive disaster declarations. Therefore, it is not critical that businesses there report damage at this time. Montour County is urging all businesses and residents to document damage and report the information to their local municipality.

Impacted businesses are advised to keep track of time and resources being used for recovery. A Disaster Survey Sheet from the U.S. Small Business Administration is attached to help document appropriate information. Details on assistance programs will be provided as they become available.

In the mean time, members are encouraged to contact the Chamber with any recovery related needs at 570-784-2522 or

The Columbia County Emergency Management Agency will be opening a Multi-Agency Resource Center (MARC) for any individual/family or business affected by the recent flooding event. The location will be the Benton High School in Benton Borough on Friday, August 17th and Saturday, August 18th from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Columbia County EMA has confirmed that Rt. 487 between Bloomsburg and Benton is open. The following agencies will have a representative present for questions, concerns, and to provide information:
     The American Red Cross
     Columbia County Agriculture Department
     Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency
     Columbia County Emergency Management Agency
     Tri County COG Inspection Services
     Other State Agencies

Residents are encouraged to attend and bring their completed Damage Assessment Forms with them.

Update as of Aug. 20 – If you weren’t able to attend the MARC last weekend, please contact your local municipality for more information.

Scroll To Top